photo home_zps66r0wuvt.jpg  photo about_zpsrdvqxcdz.jpg  photo fitness_zpseoqv6hwj.jpg  photo god_zpszhje6low.jpg  photo style_zpsa4x56a5n.jpg  photo family_zpsi0tk1kxg.jpg

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Life Lately

Oh, my goodness… I feel like this Spring has been busier than the actual holidays. With babies being born, birthday celebrations, traveling, Junior Women's Club events, etc. I have been kept busy and a little distant from the blog. No worries, though, it won't happen again! 

At the beginning of April, something very exciting happened to Ryan... he sold his truck and bought a new one! I couldn't believe my eyes when it actually happened. A little side story about this... Ryan has had this truck since he was in college. Not that it’s bad, but all the driving Ryan does and the year the truck was made (2004), it needed to be sold. There wasn't anything physically wrong with it and he took really good care of it, so someone was getting a good deal on a truck. 


He was more excited than a kid traveling to Disney World for the first time. It was a memory that I will never forget! I love that he finally got to have the truck of his dreams J


                



The week of Easter is always so much fun! Having Friday off (not because it was Good Friday, but it was my Friday to be off), going to 24 Hour Prayer at my church (Southcliff), getting to decorate Easter eggs, spending time with family, getting Easter basket ready and so many more fun things.



That Friday one of my best friends (Allison Nixon-go follow her blog) invited me to tag along with her, her mom, one of her sisters, and her nephews to a place called Homestead Heritage. Let me tell you guys the website doesn’t do this place justice at all! Homestead Heritage is an agrarian and crafted based Christian community. It has a 550 acre farm with animals, crops, and incredible works of craftsmanship, events, and schooling.

                     

We started off by eating at the CafĂ© Homestead. I can’t even put words with how tasty the food was! The service was over the top and the young staff members saying “yes ma’am/no ma’am.” They offer grass-fed beef, gluten-free options, cheese, fruit, homemade ice cream, locally grown produce, and much more. We all ordered half sandwiches with either soup or salads. Let me tell you, the salad was so fresh and reminded me of my mom’s garden she used to have. I only got a picture of my lunch since everyone else had already dug into theirs before I could snap a picture. 




Our side sandwiches included- the special (me and Allison), classic Reuben (her mom), and the Turkey Veggie Wrap (her sister); Side soups- tomato bisque (Allison and her mom) and jalapeno sweet potato (her sister); Side salad- Greek salad (me). The food was out of this world!

Next we walked across the way to The Barn that was filled with one-of-a-kind soaps, wood work, hand-stitched quilts, children’s books, teas, bath soaps, and much more. I bought the coconut tea I had a lunch (tasted just like a beach), two bars of soup, granola, honey, and a bath fizz ball.


 









The Pottery Shop was next. The potters were shaping different clay’s by the wheel and by hand. There were different items you could purchase in the shop. They even had their very own custom built wood fired kiln!



                     



 The Woodworking Shop had award winning custom furniture all throughout the shop. It shows all the different ways to hand cut wood to steam bent wood. 






We walked through the nature walkway that had a peaceful little creek. It was so calm out at the Heritage you could even hear the water trickling down the creek.


Next up was the HomesteadGristmill. Right when you walked through the door there it was a water wheel driven mill that produces fine flour for baking. You can watch freshly ground organically grown grains being made! You can even purchase fresh flour cornmeal, mixes, oats, and much more.


 




 
 
 




We walked through the herb garden, which is where I saw a little baby grass snake. Yes, it’s just a grass snake and it won’t hurt me, butttt yes you are guessing it right I FREAKED OUT! Everyone laughed thinking, “What in the world it’s just a little grass snake.” Haha.



We step inside the Fiber Artsshop, which was in a house that had been restored from the 19th century. Weavers, spinners, and knitters that create cloth and other items for the home and family. They have supplies and equipment to purchase, items that were created by the young/old women, and books to learn more about knitting.

Across the way was a huge garden and inside garden (can’t remember what these are called). They had so many different kinds of lettuce growing along with vegetables. Behind the inside garden was a cute little barn that had the cutest baby goat I’ve ever seen, peacocks, chickens, bunnies, goats, and rosters. The baby goat loved Allison’s little nephew!

 







We took a little hick up to the front of the farm where the Brazos Valley Cheese, the Homestead General Store, and the Homestead Market are located.







 
This entire experience was something I will never forget. I plan on taking my mom out to see the entire farm!


Last weekend one of my close friend (Emily) had her birthday. We had planned awhile back to go to Vegas which happened to fall on her birthday. Can we say, perfect timing? If thinking to yourself, “Why Vegas of all places…” Well, we went to see BACKSTREET BOYS! It was one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to. I even got to touch Nick Carter’s hand – my dream come true! 

We had a lot of fun celebrating Emily’s birthday. Friday when we all arrived we ate a late lunch, went to see the Backstreet Boys, and then danced the night away. Saturday we rented a Cabana and laid at the pool all day, got ready, and went to see Celine Dion. She was out of this world amazing! Which no one should think any differently!! Sunday morning/afternoon everyone came home.




 

 



 


I hope everyone has been enjoying the month of May. It’s hump day which means we are half way through the week! Hope everyone is having a fabulous day J


No comments:

Post a Comment