This poor blog has been neglected for a couple of weeks. Let me be honest though we’ve had a lot going on – some hard times for my family – and general busyness. But I truly miss blogging, so today I’ve got a post to catch you up on our life lately.
This book is the perfect Summer read that can get you list in for hours making you wish you lived on the coast or someplace with water close by! Nancy Thayer has such a smooth, easy writing style which makes all of her books very enjoyable. In this one, she created characters that are very easy to relate to. I enjoyed this book.
I’m so excited to start the new Well Watered Women Study.
TV Show: Big Brother 19
Ryan and I both had never watched this show. When it started advertising we thought lets record this and see what this is all about. It’s such an addicting show. It’s totally different than I thought it would be. Hilarious and dramatic at the same time.
Recipe: Fathead Dough Pizza
With Ryan eating “low carb” lately I’ve been getting more creative with recipes/Pinterest. I finally have mastered this recipe. From reading so many different forums here is what I’ve came up with:
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
¾ cup almond flour
2 tbsp. cream cheese
1 egg, beaten
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese together (quickly) and replace in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
2. Preheat oven to 425 F.
3. Beat the egg while you are microwaving the cheeses together. Stir in the beaten egg and flour.
4. Wet your hands before picking up the dough out of the bowl. Spray your pizza pan (make sure to get the sides as well, it’s hard to get it off the pan after its done cooking) then spread your dough out evenly. (If your dough is “stringy” that means your cheese has hardened too much – put it back in the microwave for another 20 seconds.)
6. Add pizza sauce, pepperonis, whatever you want on your pizza! This step is fun – you get to be creative.
7. Place the pizza back into the oven for another 12-14 minutes.
Blog: Sarah Tucker
Love reading Sarah's blog and about her cute family! These boys dress so precious. YOU WILL LOVE HER DECOR.
Instagram Account: merricksart
Eating: NekterJuice Bar!
I have been waiting for this place to open in Fort Worth, Texas. These juices taste so fresh, natural, and clean, not like the normal ones that I’ve tasted when I immediately want to spit it out! The menu: natural, freshly-made juices, smoothies, acai bowls, or cold pressed juices. If you haven’t tried this – make sure to add it to your list!
Visiting: We took a mini road trip to Austin Texas to watch my sweet cousin Brooke graduated from James Bowie High School.
My best friend Allison from birth to now married the man of her dreams. It was a sweet, simple, and cozy wedding with her/his closest friends surrounding them with love.
A close friend Kaitlin of mine since elementary school had one of the prettiest baby shower ever!
A close friend -Erin- of ours had a Luau this year... I didn't get many photo's but here is the tiki bar she made!
The Eclipse of course!
Moved Brooke into College Station for College (we are so proud of you) - Ryan is loving this!
Celebrating our new JWC President – MELISSA HOWARD CARTER!
Gabi was Allison and I's Make-A-Wish child over the summer. Her wish was to go to Disney World wearing Belle's outfit!
Dimension's is one of the 14 groups that make up JWC. I could've made a better decision by choosing this amazing, sweet, loving group of girls! Last year we started our own Fantasy Football Teams - so much fun. This year Emily (the person who is in charge and puts it all together for us - SHE'S STUNNING) had all of us over to draft at her house.
Celebrated Labor Day with one of Ryan's childhood best friend (Tanner) and his wife (Brittany).