photo home_zps66r0wuvt.jpg  photo about_zpsrdvqxcdz.jpg  photo fitness_zpseoqv6hwj.jpg  photo god_zpszhje6low.jpg  photo style_zpsa4x56a5n.jpg  photo family_zpsi0tk1kxg.jpg

Thursday, October 5, 2017

SKINCARE ROUTINE: TULA

Two of the things I really couldn’t see spending the extra money on were hair products and skincare products. Tresemme shampoo and Cetaphil face products worked just fine for me in high school, so I always thought why wouldn’t they work forever? I remember about a year ago, I called my mom so upset because my hair was falling out so bad. She went out and bought me a huge amount of salon shampoos and conditioners, and let me tell you something…. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Shortly after that I thought if the generic brands of shampoo and conditioners are doing this to my hair I wonder what is going on with my skin. I started reading about TULA skincare and figured I’d better start taking care of my skin now that I’m in my late twenties. Since I am pretty skeptic about everything especially when it costs more than my normal skin care, I researched all there was to know. When doing research I feel like if they can’t back it up with science, it probably isn’t worth the money… am I right?? TULA is founded by a gastroenterologist (a digestive tract doctor – tummy doctor). I thought this was interesting and different, because every single skincare product (Cetaphil being one of those) I have ever tried has been created or sold to me by a dermatologist. Then I start wondering why would an internal doctor create a skincare line when that isn’t even her field? What she (link) noticed through all the discoveries she had made in the past few years regarding how beneficial probiotics are for balancing the digestive system, she started to apply these same discoveries with skincare. If you don’t know probiotics not only help with your stomach but help with your skin. The probiotics help balance your skin’s pH, reduces redness and inflammation, evens out skin tones and textures, hydrates, and helps reduce wrinkles! You can read more about this and the technology behind TULA here. {If you are skeptic like I was go research it… I was the same way!}

I originally ordered the Purifying Face Cleanser, Illuminating Face Serum, and the Hydrating Day & Night Cream to try out the line. (I bought the entire process because I wanted to see what it would do to my face when I only used their line.) One of the other bloggers I read posted a discount code, so I thought why not just order it now! After just the first time using the products, I noticed a difference the next morning… my skin wasn’t greasy and I didn’t have to immediately wash it. My skin was so moisturized and soft. Over the next two weeks, I can’t even tell you the difference I saw not only that but people at work started to notice my skin.

Before I started using TULA, every morning I would wake up with redness, uneven skin tones (especially under my eyes), and dry patches. I would even second guess going on trips or spending the night places where people would have to see me in the mornings without makeup. There were times I can remember when I would wake up just to put concealer under my eyes, cover up my blemishes, and put some powder on before everyone else got up. I didn’t want people seeing my uneven skin. I started to just accept that this was how my skin was going to be for the rest of my life since I had tried everything my dermatologist had told me. But news flash this was not the case anymore!! My skin is perfectly even, looks moisturized and fresh, and is soft!  
Products

The face cleanser, serum, and the moisturizer cream have been forever my favorite items to purchase because they are the ones I feel have changed my skin. Since them, I have added in a lot more of the skincare line to my daily skincare routine. I like routines that I can do the same both morning and night because when I travel for work, I don’t have to bring a ton of different products.
I can’t say enough great things about the TULA products! They are gentle, great for all skin types and are free of parabens, mineral oils, petrolatum, and phthalates, propylene glycol, which prevents clogged pores, breakouts, and blackheads. 

Routine

I start with the Purifying Facial Cleanser, which is an all-in-one foaming wash. It removes all my makeup, cleanses pores, and nourishes my skin. I don’t like using make-up wipes because I’ve read that pulling or whipping your skin that way causes wrinkles and more dryness due to the way you have to use the wipes.

I then apply about 1-2 pumps of the Illuminating Face Serum all over my face. The serum contains a probiotic that boots dull looking skin, helps to diminish the appearance of dark spots, and promotes a fresh, looking glow.

Next apply the Hydrating Day & Night Cream all over your face. This product is like a multivitamin for your face! It’s age-defying, contains a probiotic, nourishes and hydrates your skin, and if used every day it reduces the appearance of fine lines, which is perfect for us ladies who are in our late twenties! During the summer I only applied it at night since my skin is oilier during the summer rather than the wintery months.

Lastly, I pat a small amount of the Revitalizing Eye Cream around my eye area. This is one of newest products that I’ve purchase, and I can already notice a difference. Not only is it more moisturized under my eyes, but my concealer actually goes over it evenly. This product is a hydrating cream that is delicate for skin under and around your eyes, reduces fine lines, dark circles, and puffiness. This product is amazing!

I feel really good about starting anti-aging products, before I get more wrinkles, I hope this will prevent anymore fine lines that might be coming my way! Once a week I do the Exfoliating Treatment Mask, it leaves my skin so soft and smooth. It digs in a little deeper to wash away old skin cells to hydrate your skin even more. I let it dry and stay on my face for about 5-10 minutes at night after I wash my face. Once I was off the mask, I continue my skincare regimen from the Illuminating Serum down. 
Review

I know TULA isn’t the least expensive skincare you can find, but it gives better results than any other products I’ve tried! I know you are like me and have many different products in your bathroom that are half-used. When I buy new products I end up not loving something it, which is the reason I felt like higher-end skincare wasn’t worth the price. I think my TULA products are the first that I have actually ordered and used all of, and then ordered more! If you haven’t already clicked on one of the links above and started browsing you should really ready the reviews on each product. If you are feeling skeptical like I was then that’s what you want to check out. Sorry if this isn’t a post you are wanting to ready, but I feel like I need to tell the whole world about TULA products!


If you would like one recommendation when starting this amazing product… it would be starting out with the Discovery Kit! It is a trial sized version of the Purifying Face Cleanser, Illuminating Face Serum, Hydrating Day & Night Cream, and Revitalizing Eye Cream. ANNNNDDDD it’s only $54. Then you will know what products are your favorite then order those in the full-sized versions.

I’m curious to know what your favorite skincare products are and if you have ever tried TULA products!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment