photo home_zps66r0wuvt.jpg  photo about_zpsrdvqxcdz.jpg  photo fitness_zpseoqv6hwj.jpg  photo god_zpszhje6low.jpg  photo style_zpsa4x56a5n.jpg  photo family_zpsi0tk1kxg.jpg

Thursday, October 26, 2017

JOY DURING THE FALL SEASON


Fall is one of my favorite times of the year for so many reasons. The cool crisp mornings, and an excuse to wear sweaters is only a small drop in a bucket of the “awe” and wonderful time of the fall season. Pumpkins everywhere as well as pumpkin everything, drinking coffee on the back porch, fall vegetables at the farmer’s market, the changing colors of the leaves falling from the trees – I can’t pick a favorite moment about fall. The smell of a campfire and scents coming from a spiced candle.

With fall being my favorite season, it’s easy to reflect on all the blessings in your life. I hit this rush of joy during this time of year that lasts through Christmas. There are so many things to celebrate and many adventures ahead.

Here are some things that bring me so much joy:

PUMPKIN EVERYTHING

I know, like everyone else its cliche, but pumpkin-flavored things is how you know autumn is here! Pumpkin bread and pumpkin cookies are some of my favorite pumpkin-flavored treats. The smell of the aroma coming through the oven bring smiles to everyone’s faces. They are both so delicious! If you are interested I’ll write a post with the recipes.

FRIENDS AND FAMILY

This is such a special time in everyone’s life with family and close friends coming into town for the holidays, Friendsgiving,  baby showers, and sometimes just for a fun weekend. It’s something so warming to your heart during these months that knowing you have all these incredible people in your life that love and care for one another. I appreciate all of you and love you all so much!

LONG WALKS

For those of you who know me, know that it’s hard for me to sit still – I enjoy being active! I do something active daily that being a long walk, run, workout not only for the exercise but sanity. I like listening to the nature and my own thoughts, so leaving my phone at home is something that is a must. It’s fun to actually listen to the noises of all the random things around you then play the guessing game to try and figure out what it actually is. Long walks are too much fun and you get to meet people who are active in your neighborhood.

FALL COLORS

The leaves are finally starting to change here in Texas. It’s like the streets have a shine of gold that I can’t get enough of. The neighbors around us have decorated their front door areas with pumpkins and Halloween fun, so the fall colors are EVERYWHERE!

RYAN

Trying not to sound like a total sap, I have been more grateful than ever for Ryan these past months. He has been handling things I don’t want to/have time to like grabbing dinner when I don’t have time to cook, running errands, making sure I’m not stressing, and just being there lately is all I’ve needed. And I continue to be more amazed by the attention to detail and ability to read me, and yes sometimes better than myself. I am so thankful for such an awesome person.


LIFE SLOWS DOWN
Summer weekends are filled with so many fun plans. Going to the beach, the pool, showering your friends, grilling out – which I love so much…  I enjoy how much slower the weekends in fall start to happen. It might not be every weekend, but it’s so nice every once and a while!

My joyful list goes on and on which I hope yours does as well. Wishing you days full of pumpkin filled activities and cooler days during the best season!  

No comments:

Post a Comment