photo home_zps66r0wuvt.jpg  photo about_zpsrdvqxcdz.jpg  photo fitness_zpseoqv6hwj.jpg  photo god_zpszhje6low.jpg  photo style_zpsa4x56a5n.jpg  photo family_zpsi0tk1kxg.jpg

Monday, August 22, 2016

Contentment


Contentment. Do people really know what the secret to a life of contentment is? It isn’t about getting rid of everything in your life. It’s not about hearing stories about people and praising them for their success. It’s not about what is happening in the present moment. All of these things are great and respectful and a great way of living contently, but all of these things can be done while still struggling with discontentment. There is a secret found in Isaiah 41:10- “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” The secret isn’t found in what God does for you when you need him…the secret is in Him who strengthens you, helps you, and upholds you. The power of Jesus working within us is the secret to a life of contentment. Many people think that they can change any circumstance they are in, but that is wrong. Jesus is the secret within ourselves, not putting yourself into a different circumstance.

I hear things and, yes, I think these things as well…

My friends are getting married and I’m not…

My friends are getting pregnant and I’m not…

My bank account is low and the bills are piling up…

My friends’ lives look so easy and mine doesn’t… 

Even when things might be going so well in your life just like you hoped…. STILL CONTENTMENT IS FOUND IN CHRIST. Jesus is ALWAYS the answer to my needs and longings. He will always be the Giver of courage, the Creator of faith, and the Contributor to everlasting joy. Through Christ we are strengthened with the beauty of grace to celebrate with our friends, with the attitude on life to not place hope in materialistic things, and with the everlasting perception to live in the present with the fullest heart of eternity.

The secret to contentment isn’t by putting yourself into different circumstances, it’s by Christ. Through Him we see what we have by letting go of such as timelines in our lives. Putting everything into his hands will stop timelines because you rely on Christ to put everything in place. Who He has made us to be is always enough and tell yourself that everyday… and you want to know why that is- it’s because HE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR US!

No comments:

Post a Comment