photo home_zps66r0wuvt.jpg  photo about_zpsrdvqxcdz.jpg  photo fitness_zpseoqv6hwj.jpg  photo god_zpszhje6low.jpg  photo style_zpsa4x56a5n.jpg  photo family_zpsi0tk1kxg.jpg

Friday, September 16, 2016

Blogtember Challenge Day 16: No More Stress


I can put this lightly, I get stressed way too much. Between craziness at work, Junior Woman’s Club projects, my personal life, family, and owning a house my stress levels are always up and down. I hear it from all ends of my life that I need to slow down. If you’ve read my goals for this month you will see that I’m working on telling people no. Not in a mean way at all, but just telling people no because I have other things going on.

I can tell you that I’m TERRIBLE at self-care. When I do things for myself I feel like there is something else better to be done. I decided to take my self-care into different terms. Here are some ways that help me de-stress/take care of myself:

Read a book- it’s no surprise that I love reading. Cuddling up on the couch with a good book or something to read on my phone seems to take my mind to a different place. There truly is nothing more relaxing.


Working out- running outside, going to Pure Barre, or just going to the gym always helps clear my head. Running outside makes me feel like I am in the presence of God. I love Pure Barre because I always leave feeling refreshed and renewed. Going to the gym (24 Hour Fitness) is just a different environment. I put my headphones in and go on my way! I would say working out is my number one de-stressor!


Praying- Especially during stress, praying and reading through the bible is so helpful. I would say that Psalms is the number one area I read the most when feeling stress, because most of them are in states of distress. It’s nice to give everything to God through those words.“Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands give me delight” Psalms 119:143.


Binge watching TV shows- sometimes your brain is done working, so watching mindless TV is the only thing that will work.

Getting my nails/toes done- I love having girl time! This is a time for a close friend of mine to catch up while getting someone to massage our hands and feet. I would say this is a ‘treat” for myself.




HOW DO YOU DE-STRESS/TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF? 

2 comments:

  1. Praying is great self-care. I can't believe I forgot to add that to my list. **hides face**

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great tips! Reading always relaxes me too!

    ReplyDelete