photo home_zps66r0wuvt.jpg  photo about_zpsrdvqxcdz.jpg  photo fitness_zpseoqv6hwj.jpg  photo god_zpszhje6low.jpg  photo style_zpsa4x56a5n.jpg  photo family_zpsi0tk1kxg.jpg

Friday, September 23, 2016

Blogtember Challenge Day 23: Peanut Brittle

Growing up, my mom’s peanut brittle was ALWAYS a “crowd pleaser” – during the Christmas Holidays. Family, family friends, my dad’s customers, neighbors, or anyone who knows about her peanut brittle will be fighting over it. Everyone starts bringing over metal containers starting in October to get their name on the list first! It’s actually very hysterical :)


This peanut brittle isn’t the kind you can buy at Cracker Barrel, it’s made with love every time. My sweet mother works days upon days getting everyone’s order in. My great grandmother handed it down to my grandmother then on a special day that is close to our hearts my mom received the recipe. I can’t wait until it’s passed down to me. I hope you all enjoy this as much as we do as a family! 


Ingredients:

1 cup raw peanuts

1 cup sugar

½ cup corn syrup

¼ tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

Directions:

In a microwavable bowl add 1 cup of raw peanuts, ½ cup of corn syrup, and 1 cup of sugar. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes. Add ¼ of salt and 1 tsp of baking soda. Stir and pour onto a sheet of greased foul. Let it cook for 30 minutes then break apart.


Let me know if you make this… I would love to know what you think about this compared to the store brands of peanut brittle.

WHAT’S ONE OF YOUR FAMILY’S FAVORITE RECIPES? 

No comments:

Post a Comment